Before proceeding with your purchase, please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not purchase a ticket unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
References to “QTIX” in these Terms and Conditions is to the ticketing agency wholly owned by the Queensland Performing Arts Trust trading as Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC) ABN 13 967 571 128.
1. By purchasing a ticket through QTIX (online or over the phone), through the QPAC Box Office, or an authorised sales channel, you acknowledge and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions. 2. Tickets are sold or issued by QTIX as agent for the organisation(s) which are managing, producing, promoting, presenting or otherwise providing the service, event or performance for which the ticket is sold or issued (‘Presenter’). The name of the Presenter and/or the venue to which your ticket relates (‘Venue’) is usually shown on the front of the ticket but is also available from QTIX. QTIX has no control over, or liability for, the performance of the event by the Presenter. All ticketing complaints and claims, and your legal rights, are as against the Presenter, not QTIX , except where you have a legal right against QTIX under the Australian Consumer Law or another law. 3. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are incorporated into these Terms and Conditions and apply to your ticket. The Venue’s terms and conditions of entry are available online or you can ask QTIX for a copy. 4. These Terms and Conditions incorporate the Live Performance Australia Code of Ticketing Practice – Consumer Code (‘LPA Code’), which sets out a code of conduct for the sale of tickets to live events including consumer rights. You can find the LPA Code here or you can ask QTIX for a copy. 5. Your ticket may be subject to additional booking terms, which will be notified to you prior to purchase. For example, if your ticket is to a timed ticketed exhibition, your ticket will only be valid for your nominated session time. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the additional booking terms and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
6. Tickets are only valid if purchased through QTIX, the Box Office, the Venue or an authorised agent. 7. Ticket sales may be limited to a specified number of tickets. QTIX may cancel or refuse to accept orders which it believes are placed in excess of any such limits.8. Ticket proceeds are held in a separate trust account and will be refunded if the event does not proceed, if required by the LPA Code. 9. Once confirmed, your ticket and any transaction fee will not be refunded or exchanged, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, in the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). 10. Bookings are subject to availability.
11. All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include GST if applicable. A tax invoice is available upon request to QTIX. 12. Prices are subject to change without notice. 13. A transaction fee may apply to your ticket purchase and you will be notified of the applicable fee prior to purchase. If we agree to exchange your ticket, an exchange fee may apply. 14. You warrant that you have the authority to make payment for your ticket and that you own/hold or have express permission of the owner/holder of the credit card or other payment facility used to purchase the ticket. 15. If the amount you pay for your ticket is incorrect (regardless of whether the error arose due to an advertising error online or otherwise communicated to you, human error or a technical malfunction), QTIX may cancel the ticket and refund to you the amount that you paid and may offer a replacement ticket to you at the correct price.
16. Delivery of tickets will only be made upon receipt of full payment. You may request delivery of your ticket by post, to self-print an e-ticket or to collect your ticket from the Venue’s Box Office. Postage and handling fees may apply.17. If you elect to self-print an e-ticket, then:
a) in the event that a duplicate copy of this ticket appears, QTIX and the Venue reserves the right to request proof of identity and proof of purchase. Unauthorised duplicate ticket holders will be refused entry to the Venue; and
b) you are responsible for printing the ticket and QTIX and the Venue reserve the right to charge an administration fee if a replacement ticket needs to be issued.
18. Prior to purchasing a ticket through the QTIX website, you may be required to register for a user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your user account (including your password) and not provide it to any other person. 19. You are responsible for your use of the QTIX website and all transactions conducted using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, please notify QTIX immediately and reset your password.
20. Where tickets are lost, stolen, misplaced or destroyed, QTIX may charge an administration fee to issue replacement tickets and may require proof of identity and purchase, prior to issuing a replacement ticket. 21. QTIX may not provide replacement tickets where:
a) tickets are for general admission rather than allocated seating; orb) your request for a replacement ticket has not been received by QTIX within a reasonable time prior to the event.
22. Attendance at the event and the right of admission is reserved by the Venue and the Presenter. 23. By attending an event, you agree to the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. 24. The use of photographic or recording devices of any kind is not permitted, unless otherwise expressly permitted by the Venue. Bags and possessions may be inspected prior to admission. 25. You may be refused entry or required to leave the Venue if you do not comply with the Venue’s terms and conditions of entry. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded in these circumstances, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
26. The Presenter may add, withdraw or substitute artists (including the opening act/s) or vary advertised programs, performance times, Venue, seating arrangements or audience capacity. Tickets will not be exchanged or refunded as a result of these changes, except as provided for in these Terms and Conditions, the LPA Code or as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). 27. If an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated and provided QTIX receives authorisation from the Presenter, QTIX will attempt to notify ticket holders of the cancellation, rescheduling or relocation. However, QTIX does not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation, rescheduling or relocation prior to the event. 28. You may be entitled at law or under the LPA Code to a refund or exchange where an event is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither QTIX nor the Presenter will reimburse you for auxiliary expenses (such as the cost of travel, car-parking, child-care and accommodation) or other consequential loss suffered by you in connection with your attendance or non-attendance at an event. QTIX recommends that you obtain ticket and/or travel insurance for those expenses. 29. Subject to clause 30, QTIX will provide a refund or exchange where you advise QTIX, within a reasonable period of time before the event, that you or any other members of your booking party:
a) are required to isolate or quaranitne under laws aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19 (and the event falls within the isolation/quarantine period); b) are diagnosed as having COVID-19; c) exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell)(‘COVID Symptoms’); d) have been in close contact with anyone displaying COVID Symptoms; or e) have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting the results (and the event falls within the period of awaiting test results).
30. The refund or exchange provided under Clause 29:
a) will only apply in respect of the tickets for you and/or the booking party members who are affected by one or more of the circumstances set out in Clause 29;
b) will not apply in the case that the relevant circumstances were known to you and/or the relevant booking party members prior to the ticket purchase; and
c) will not apply in the case that you and/or any of the booking party members attend the Venue for the event and are refused entry, or asked to leave, on the basis that QTIX and/or the Venue reasonably forms the view that:
i. any of the circumstances set out in Clause 29 apply; or
ii. you or any of the other booking party members have failed to comply with any COVID-19 safety requirements or directions.
31. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), neither QTIX nor the Presenter are liable to exchange or refund to you any amount beyond the face value of the ticket plus any transaction fee. 32. If QTIX reasonably forms the view that a ticket has been:
a) purchased with a stolen credit card;
b) sold in violation of Clause 34 (No Scalping or Other Unauthorised Sales); or
c) has been otherwise purchased or acquired fraudulently,QTIX may cancel the ticket.
33. Where QTIX reasonably forms the view that the ticket was purchased with a stolen credit card, QTIX will take reasonable steps to refund the ticket price to that credit card unless it is unable to do so (for example, where the credit card has been cancelled).
34. Tickets must not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or packaged, resold or otherwise offered for advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes (including competitions) without QTIX prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in contravention of this condition, the ticket may be seized or cancelled without refund or exchange and the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission.
35. Admission and attendance at events and festivals designed for children may be subject to additional conditions of sale and entry. These conditions will be published on the QTIX website and, if applicable, the Presenter’s dedicated website for the event. 36. School and other group tickets are subject to availability and additional conditions may apply.37. All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult whilst at the Venue. This includes all bar areas and dining rooms where alcohol is served. Proof of age may be required by the Venue.
38. The purchase of a pre-paid park tickets for use at the specified car park confirms for you a parking space on the date and entry time as specified at time of purchase. 39. The car park ticket must be presented on entry to the car park. You will not be able to gain entry to the car park without a car park ticket even though you have pre purchased a parking ticket. If you choose Box Office collection for your ticket(s) and your car park ticket, you will need to attend the Box Office to collect the car park ticket before entering the specified car park. 40. Car park tickets must be purchased at least 14 days in advance of use to allow for receipt prior to your event. Car park tickets are subject to availability.
41. Merchandise will not be refunded or exchanged, unless required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law).
42. The following terms and conditions relate only to packages sold directly by QTIX. They do not relate to packages sold by other providers even if they include a QTIX ticket. QTIX recommends that you carefully review and read any additional terms and conditions of sale that may apply to such package, prior to purchasing the package. 43. Hotels, travel, meals and other elements included in packages are supplied by the managing, producing, promoting, presenting or other entity providing that element (the Provider). 44. Information regarding package elements is supplied by the Provider and is subject to alteration at any time. QTIX is not responsible for the accuracy of this information. 45. The Provider, not QTIX, is responsible for any complaints or claims. 46. Each package element is sold on the relevant Providers’ terms and conditions, which are available from the Provider’s website or via QTIX. 47. Cancellation fees may apply. These are determined on a case-by-case basis under the Provider’s terms and conditions. 48. Subject to the Provider’s terms and conditions, if an event is cancelled or re-scheduled, hotel, meal, travel or other package elements will not be refunded or exchanged, other than as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law). 49. Where accommodation and/or travel arrangements are included in your package, QTIX recommends that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
50. If you received your ticket as a prize, gift, donation or otherwise for no cost, these Terms and Conditions, and the terms and conditions of the relevant promotion or competition (‘Competition Terms’), apply to your use of the ticket.51. Where additional elements were included in your prize package, such as hotel accommodation, merchandise or travel arrangements, such additional elements are subject to the Competition Terms and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the provider of such additional elements (for example, an airline for travel arrangements). 52. Where accommodation and/or travel arrangements are included in your prize, QTIX recommends that you purchase comprehensive travel insurance.
53. By purchasing a ticket through QTIX, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information as detailed in:
54. You enter the Venue at your own risk. 55. You understand that attendance at any event and/or the Venue may carry with it certain dangers, including the risk of injury and damage to you or your property. 56. By attending the event and/or the Venue, you accept the risk of damage and loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) howsoever arising (including by negligence) at the Venue. This includes damage or loss caused by the acts or omissions of other ticketholders, visitors, guests, and the employees and agents of QTIX, Venue and the Presenter.
57. To the extent permitted by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), QTIX and the Presenter are not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury, delays, additional expenses or inconvenience arising as a result of your attendance or non-attendance at the Venue and/or the event. Where liability cannot be excluded or modified by law, including pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the liability of QTIX and the Presenter is limited to the minimum permitted by law.
58. These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the QTIX website and apply to any purchases made after that date. 59. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it will be disregarded to the extent of its invalidity and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect. 60. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.